JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - A Red Wolf had a stellar performance on Monday Night Football. Demario Davis led the Saints with 8 tackles as they beat the Panthers 12-9. New Orleans moved to 12-2 on the season with the victory. Davis sacked Cam Newton in the first quarter and hit him on a deciding 4th down in the final minute of the game. The Brandon, Mississippi native also had 2 pass deflections Monday.
Fellow A-State alum Derek Newton was inactive Monday, the Saints signed him last week to add to their offensive line rotation. Newton continues quite the comeback story, he tore patella tendons in both knees in 2016.
Kyle Wilson made his debut on Thursday. He recorded a special teams tackle in the 3rd quarter as the Chargers beat the Chiefs. Los Angeles clinched a playoff spot.
We have five Red Wolves on NFL rosters.
Demario Davis (Saints)
- 8 tackles (4 solo), 1 sack, 1 TFL, 2 pass deflections, 2 QB Hits
- 103 tackles this season (leads team)
Derek Newton (Saints)
- Inactive Monday
J.D. McKissic (Seahawks)
- 2 carries for 2 yards, 18 yard kickoff return in loss to 49ers
- Playing in 2nd game of 2018 after missing first 13 weeks with a foot injury
Xavier Woodson-Luster (Browns)
- Active in Cleveland win over Broncos.
Kyle Wilson (Chargers)
- 1 tackle in win over Chiefs
- Made NFL debut after spending time on Los Angeles and Eagles practice squads.