JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - According to a post on Facebook, Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program has moved its utility assistance from Feb. 18 to Feb. 11.
LIHEAP is a program that works to provide eligible households with help in paying utility bills.
The program pays benefits of fixed amounts based on household income.
The post stated the date had been changed “due to the need that has been recognized for the crisis program”.
The following documentation is required to receive assistance:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years and older from the previous month.
- State or government issued ID.
- Social security number and birth dates of every household member.
- Copy of utility bill (gas, electric and/or propane)
- Proof of unemployment for all household members 18 years or older that are unemployed
- Proof of social security, SSI, retirement, pension, workman’s compensation, disability, child support, foster care, VA benefits and/or utility allowance (all from the previous month for any member of the household that receives benefit)
If you don’t have an income bring:
- Proof of how bills are paid
- Print out of unemployment for all household members who are 18 or older