JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The rain may have stopped falling, but flood waters on many Region 8 roads have yet to recede.
The deluge may have also led to Jonesboro fire crews responding to a roof collapse Monday morning at Colson Casters, 3700 Airport Rd.
Word of a sinkhole forming on Monroe and Puryear was later clarified by E-911 Director Jeff Presley as a washout from construction being done by the Jonesboro Street Department.
In Poinsett County, crews continue to monitor drainage throughout the county.
“I got three machines out there cleaning out drains and culverts just all over the county where we can, where we’re stopped up at, keeping flowing, we do have a crew out doing that today,” Poinsett County Judge Bob Cantrell told Region 8 News.
Below are the latest road closures into the Region 8 Newsroom:
- Nestle Road from I-555 to Nettleton has been closed due to flooding.
- Barnhill Rd from CW Post to city limits closed due to water over the road.
- High water reported on HWY 49 North of Brookland City limits in the Thompson Creek area, water on the southbound lane.
- Highway 463 from Herget to Highway 158
- Highway 91 and Highway 230 in Egypt area
- County Road 159
- County Road 147
- County Road 167
- County Road 155
- County Road 192
- County Road 263
- County Road 414
- County Road 425
- County Road 856
- County Road 910
- County Road 912
- Craighead County Roads 414 and 910 are closed to high water.
- State Highway 230
- State Highway 463 closed due to high water
- State Highway 364, Section 1 closed for high water
- State Highway 37 at Elgin Road is under water.
- State Highway 69-pipe/culvert failure
- State Highway 37, Section 5, closed due to river flooding.
- State Highway 224, section 0, is closed due to flooding.
- State Highway 226-1A is closed due to flooding.
- State Highway 18, Section 1 is closed due to flooding.
- Diaz: N Main Street (Hwy. 18) under water just north of Hurley Road
- Diaz: N. Main Street (Hwy. 18) past the Harwood St. intersection under water and beginning to collapse
- State Highway 14, Section 11 closed due to flooding.
- State Highway 117 due to high water
- State Highway 115 closed for high water
- State Highway 37, Section 6 closed due to water going over the road
- State Highway 25-Section 6 closed for high water
- State Highway 214, Section 1 closed for high water
- State Highway 166, Section 1, water over the roadway
- State Highway 175, Section 2, closed to through traffic due to flooding
- 300 block Fisher Hill Road, Nowco area
- 272 Bill Hill Road at the bridge, El Paso area
- 600-700 block of Graham Road, Providence area
- E 13th Street in Judsonia
- E 8th Street in Judsonia
- School Road between School Rd. and Hoover Lane is impassable
- Coley Road and Highway 13 - impassable
- Thurman Ware and Highway 367 - impassable
- McEuen Road and W. Country Club - bridge is impassable
- Mt. Pisgah Road at Richard Lauren - impassable
- Smith Road west of Bostic - impassable
Here are the links to check road conditions in our area:
The heavy rains also forced several schools to dismiss early on Monday and cancel classes on Tuesday.
The Melbourne School District dismissed early Monday due to flood concerns:
Brookland also closed school early due to flooding concerns:
Trumann schools dismissed early Monday, and closed Tuesday because of flood concerns.
Flood watches and warnings were issued for a good majority of Region 8, as a system was expected to drop anywhere between three to five inches of rain. Some areas expected as much as four to six inches of rain.
According to a post on the city’s Facebook page, Gosnell city officials said Sunday that rains have caused the pump stations in the north side of town to backup.
City crews were working on the problem, the post noted.