Viewer e-mail: Wet or Dry In Craighead County - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Viewer e-mail: Wet or Dry In Craighead County

Nov 15 3:05am
Name: Deb
Subject: Dry
Comment: I was very disappointed with KAIT Doing such a story. Who's idea
was this? Not a good one. I don't live in Jonesboro, but I travel there
quiet often. My family has talked of moving to your beautiful town,
because it is dry. Take a look at crime in the wet counties. Look at the
cities themselves. Most are not very attractive, like Jonesboro. We need
also to keep our children in mind. Do we want to raise a bunch of beer
drinking kids I am nearly 40 years old, I have never touched the stuff, I
had to live with all the heartache my father caused my mother, until he
got saved.  I think this is one can of worms you should have left canned.
I feel this will hurt your ratings.

Nov 15 7:52am
Name: Ruth Robinson
Subject: wet  or dry issue
Comment:  I would like to see Jonesboro stay dry. We have a beautiful,
clean and charming little city in which I believe the Lord has blessed
with wonderful christian people who want to see the city remain as it is
today . I believe if people want to drink there is plenty of clubs that
sell alcohol to supply that need and the rest of us do not have be exposed
to the evils of alcohol. Research tells us that a city that is wet has
more crime . If we need the money that the revenue would bring I had
rather have my taxes raised. I love Jonesboro  it is filled with the most
wonderful,caring people on this earth . The Lord has truly blessed this
city and Iwant to see it remain the good family place it is today. Thank
you. I enjoyed your news reports. You do a great job--Diana Sawyer has
nothing on our own Diana Davis. Thank you and God Bless

Nov 15 8:25am
Name: Danny Houston
Subject: Wet/Dry/Will Nash
Comment: Very interesting article, Will Nash was my Great Uncle, I still
have his badge from when he was Sheriff. I barely can remember him, I was
a child when he died.

Nov 15 10:02am
Name: Clifford Toney
Subject: The Drought of 1944
Comment: I think this story and poll are biased in favor of a wet county.
Please refrain from propogating.

Nov 15 10:41am
Name: Jennifer Younge
Subject: Wet vs. Dry
Comment: People want our community "wet" to help the economy and say that
it will not increase crime, divorce, etc. I would like for ANYONE to give
the statistic of ONE county the size of ours, that's been wet, that has
less crime, DWIs, divorce, welfare, etc. than Craighead County. It's just
not out there.

I wish people would quit talking about what they "want" and start truly
looking at statistics of the effects alcohol has on a county, and just do
whats not only right, but what's best for the future of the county. It's
not that hard to get alcohol already in this town. Why do my children have
to be exposed to it everywhere we go????

Nov 15 10:50am
Name: Joe Mullen
Subject: wet or dry
Comment: I believe that the county should be wet. That is only my opinion.
But I think that as an American it should me my dicision if i want to
drink or not. Because if I want to drink I am going to even if I have to
drive a little ways to get it. If I bought beer or whatever in Craighead
county the taxes would stay here.

Nov 15 10:59am
Name: Bryan
Subject: Wet/dry issue
Comment: It mystifies me how a few minority backed by private clubs and
countyline liquor establisments have been able to dictate their will and
their personal beliefs to the majority as to where to purchase liquor. Not
to mention high prices due to the lack of competion and free trade. Dry
counties in general lose their tax revenue to the neiboring wet counties
and deprive themselves of most tourist and convention revenues. And out of
state friend of mine had visited a county line liquor store mentioned "I
don't see any less purchase or consumption of liquor in the dry counties
except people are only dictated where to go in order to purchase it". It
is about high noon that certain special groups set aside their vested
interest and personal beliefs and heed to the wish of the majority and
enter the 21st century.
I would like to thank Kait8 news for having the courage to bring up this
vital issue for public discussion and public debate.

Nov 15 11:32am
Name: CAROLE
Subject: WET VS DRY
Comment: MY COMMENT WILL PROBABLY BE LIKE MOST EVERYONE ELSE'S, SO MANY
PEOPLE SEEMED TO BE AGAINST THE ALCOHOL,GAMBLING AND THE LOTTERY BUT THOSE
SURE THAT ALL THE BUSINESS THEY DO IS NOT ACTUALLY FROM ALL TRUMAN
RESIDENTS AND SO THEREFORE WE ARE SUPPORTING ANOTHER TOWN AND TAKEING FROM
OURS.

Nov 15 11:50am
Name: liane neshat
Subject: wet/dry
Comment: It still amazes me every day how a select group of people try to
tell the entire county how they should life their lifes. How ironic that
this is being discussed right after Veteran's Day - one day celebrating
those who fought for our Freedom of Choice. Oh, I guess only some people
can choose here in Craighead County.  I have never seen anyone forced into
the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine, or forced into a restaurant and
made to drink alchohol with their meal.  On the other hand, everyone is
forced to life under what some people feel is "the correct way to live".
Gee, doesn't sound like a free America to me........

Nov 15 11:55am
Name: Amy Privett
Subject: wet/dry issue
Comment: This issue needs to go the voters, let us decide on the issue as
well as the terms.

Liquor stores do not have to be on every street corner, regulations can
determine the number of liquor licenses in the county for restaurants,
clubs & stores.  It doesn't have to be a "racy" issue.

How many of you, when traveling out of town, eat at restaurants that serve
liquor?

< Back    Next >

Clay County SO, ASP investigate woman's death

Thursday, December 14 2017 10:21 PM EST2017-12-15 03:21:34 GMT
    Thursday, December 14 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-12-15 04:40:07 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

Clay County authorities are attempting to get information from the public in a death investigation, Sheriff Terry Miller said Thursday.

People who ate at Dexter, MO restaurant may be possibly exposed to Hepatitis A

Thursday, December 14 2017 11:38 PM EST2017-12-15 04:38:44 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

Members of the public who ate at the Dexter, Missouri, Huddle House between November 21, 2017, and December 2, 2017, should watch for symptoms of Hepatitis A.

Sister Rosetta Tharpe nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Thursday, December 14 2017 10:45 PM EST2017-12-15 03:45:44 GMT
    Thursday, December 14 2017 11:38 PM EST2017-12-15 04:38:29 GMT
    Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Source: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Website)Sister Rosetta Tharpe (Source: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Website)

A guitarist and singer from Cotton Plant, who served as a role model for several area musicians who later became famous, was recently nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.