Viewer e-mail: Wet or Dry In Craighead County - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Viewer e-mail: Wet or Dry In Craighead County

Nov 15 9:00pm
Name: Ben Bufford
Subject: Wet or Dry
Comment: Wet or dry, those who want to drink are going to drink if
they have to go across county lines to do it or bring it home.
In a free society, people should have a choice.
Probition did not work for the nation; why think that it
works for the county.
Ark., I understand , won't allow gambling like you have
in Mississippi.  That's OK.  Let Mississippi rake in the
money Arkansans would spend at home.
Ben

Nov 15 9:15pm
Name: Doris Whitley
Subject: wet county
Comment: If Craighead County is going to be dry then dry it up. Close the
County Club, Mallard, Eagles, VFW, Moose, Oaks, Jub, and the Elks, and
Knights of Columbia, Sage Meadows, and the Ridge Pointe Clubs, and
Envinsions. Lets do it right, ortherwise lets let it go wet and let the
people of Craighead County enjoy their right to chose if they want to
drink a drink or not. P.S. There is bouncers at most of the private clubs
that I mentioned above to control the power drinkers who is not at that
clubs to dine but to drink, dance and fight and has to be controled by th
bouncers, but have you ever been to a Chilies Outback or etc and seen a
bouncer there to control the power drinkers, fighters  or dancers, THINK
ABOUT IT.

Nov 15 9:17pm
Name: Charlotte Wilcoxson
Subject: Wet in Craighead County
Comment: I feel strongly that the issue of wet or dry should be put to the
voters in the city of Jonesboro.  It's time that we are given the
opportunity to voice our opinions on this matter!  I personally would vote
"wet", but whatever the individual's choice is, he or she should be
allowed to express it.

Charlotte Wilcoxson

Nov 15 9:29pm
Name: D.Galland
Subject: counterpoint
Comment: In response to a viewer who said that K8 was biased,its the
religous leaders and others who are biased.Their influence decides for all
of us.This is the good ole U.S.A.

Nov 15 9:40pm
Name: Rhoda Yost
Subject: wet or dry in CR Co
Comment: We now live in MS Co after living in JB for 7 yrs. Would move
back to the dry county in a heartbeat!

Nov 15 9:49pm
Name: Monica Hansen
Subject: Wet-Dry
Comment: I just read your report.  I feel that the report is biased and
given from the perspective of those, who I assume, want a wet county,
which I also believe gives the numbers in the polling.  I have a mother
and a father-in-law that remember how horrible that Craighead County was
before it became dry.  If your going to report a story please don't call
it "Wet or Dry in Craighead County," it is obvious your report should have
been titled "What Craighead County was like When it Was Wet from the
Prespective of Those wanting a Wet County."

Nov 15 10:13pm
Name: Don
Subject: Wet-Dry
Comment: Jonesboro isn't really dry, it's moist :) With clubs like the
Jonesboro Country Club, Elks, Moose, VFW, Ridge Point, 501, etc There are
plenty of places if you wants to drink.
I stopped for gas in Blythville recently and the guy in front of me in the
check out line got a case of beer, a carton of cigeretts, and $2 in gas. I
thought "well at least he's not going far :) I like Jonesboro just like it
is, MOIST :)
You can take you kids into a quick shop and get cookies without having to
wade thru cases of beer like you do in other towns that are wet.
thanks
Don

Nov 15 10:43pm
Name: Concerned Citizen
Subject: WHY
Comment: WHY ARE YOU ATTEMPTING TO PROMOTE SOMETHING THAT THE CITIZENS OF
CRAIGHEAD COUNTY ARE CLEARLY AGAINST.  STICK WITH REPORTING THE FACT.  WHY
DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR OPINION IS BETTER THAT THE REST OF THE COMMUNITY.
CRAIGHEAD COUNTY IS DRY AND SHOULD REMAIN DRY.

Nov 15 10:46pm
Name: Joan and Ed Mason
Subject: Wet/dry issue
Comment: Following are my thoughts on this issue: Diana, I'm disappointed
to see the "wet/dry" issue come alive and be "stirred" up during the news
presentation.  From what I observed, it is my opinion that the
presentation is very biased, promoting a "wet" come-back in our county.
We moved here as a young family 31 years ago.  My husband has chosen at
times during his career to pass up promotions so that we could remain in
Jonesboro.  We always felt that Jonesboro, being a "dry" community
provided a safer, more wholesome environment for our four sons than one in
which liquor was more available. Now, my grandchildren are growing up
here, and it will break my heart if ignorant, non-caring, self-serving
adults are successful in getting this issue on the ballot and liquor voted
in. Please, Diana, take a good look at how this is being presented.  You
have children.  Please take a stand for them.  Written with concern --
Joan Mason

Nov 16 1:22am
Name: Lois Carr
Subject: Wet or Dry County
Comment: I will never vote for this county to be wet. I have two small
grandchildren in this county.

< Back    Next >

Burger King feeds police and emergency personnel

Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:39 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:39:27 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:50 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:50:21 GMT

Burger King provided lunch to law enforcement and emergency crews working the crash on Interstate 555.

Witnesses told story of crash

Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:20 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:20:20 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:48 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:48:49 GMT
    Emergency crews were at the scene of a crash Tuesday on I-555 that killed one person and damaged an overpass. (Source: KAIT)Emergency crews were at the scene of a crash Tuesday on I-555 that killed one person and damaged an overpass. (Source: KAIT)

It was a scene often seen on the national news, witnesses said Tuesday when describing a crash involving an 18-wheeler that killed a Jonesboro man.

Parker Rd. business manager recalls crash

Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:13 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:13:22 GMT
    Tuesday, June 27 2017 10:39 PM EDT2017-06-28 02:39:07 GMT

Several business employees recall the moment when a crash that killed one and shut down Interstate 555 and the Harrisburg Road overpass.