Fire officials name cause in Barnhills fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Fire officials name cause in Barnhills fire

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The weekend fire that put Barnhills out of commission was caused by a rotesserie cooker, according to Fire Marshall Craig Davenport.

Speaking to Region 8 News, Davenport said the fire began in the kitchen cooking appliance and "totally wiped out" the kitchen. Other fire officials say that the dining area suffered only smoke damage.

Officials say the fire was accidental but do not yet know how much damage, in money, was caused.

The fire happened around 11:00 PM Saturday night.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:25 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:25:19 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:48 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:48:36 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

  • Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:26 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:26:48 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 3:05 PM EDT2018-06-23 19:05:53 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

  • Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Friday, June 22 2018 10:35 PM EDT2018-06-23 02:35:05 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 2:47 PM EDT2018-06-23 18:47:09 GMT

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

Powered by Frankly