NASHVILLE, Tn (TWRA) - The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) has announced a significant change in the statewide special season antlerless deer and fall turkey quota hunts this year.
The statewide special season antlerless deer and fall turkey quota hunts will become a first come, first served system, a shift from the traditional drawn quota hunt. There will still be a quota for each hunt, but instead of applying and being drawn or not drawn, hunters will be able to get their permits immediately. Below are critical dates and information about this change.
HOW TO GET A PERMIT: 1. YOUR RECEIPT IS YOUR PERMIT. You MUST have this receipt with you while hunting.
2. Permits go on sale Aug. 19, 2009, at 8 a.m., CDT. You may buy your permits at any TWRA license agent, TWRA regional office, or online at www.tnwildlife.org. If you have any problems, call 615-781-6621 during regular office hours (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CDT).
3. Individuals may have up to two (2) deer permits and two (2) turkey permits, but are eligible for only one (1) permit per hunt code.
4. You must review your permit receipt and verify that the name, address, hunt locations, fees, etc., are correct. IF YOU GO TO A LICENSE AGENT:
5. There is no fee for current Annual Sportsman License holders, Lifetime Sportsman License holders, or senior citizen hunters (Type 166) with an Annual Senior Citizen Permit (Type 167). All others must pay a $20 permit fee for each permit plus a $1 agent fee.
6. When buying your permits in person, you must remain until your permit is processed to ensure that all your information is correct and to receive your receipt with your confirmation number. 7. The system only allows one (1) permit per transaction. IF OBTAINING PERMITS ONLINE:
7. There is no fee for current Annual Sportsman License holders, Lifetime Sportsman License holders, or senior citizen hunters (Type 166) with an Annual Senior Citizen Permit (Type 167). All others will charged a $20 permit fee for each permit purchased plus a $2 internet usage fee. (The $2 internet fee is collected by the company that maintains the internet site and is not a fee charged by the TWRA).
• Go to www.tnwildlife.org. Then click on "Buy a License Online." SPECIAL SEASONS LEFTOVER PERMIT INFORMATION:
1. Beginning Sept. 16, 2009, at 8 a.m., CDT, any quotas lefts unfilled will be considered leftover permits.
2. Individuals may obtain up to five (5) permits for deer and five (5) permits for turkey per person. Individuals may obtain more than one (1) permit for the same hunt and in any combination of deer and turkey choices. Leftover permits will be available until Dec. 27, 2009, and can be purchased at any TWRA license agent, at any TWRA regional office, or online at www.tnwildlife.org as described above. 3. Permits are not transferable. No refunds will be made to anyone issued a permit.