- 1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by KAIT and the sponsors listed in the Attachment A (singularly, a "Sponsor" and collectively, the "Sponsors"). The promotion begins at July 1, 2010 and ends at July 30, 2010. Entries must be received by July 29, 2010, 5pm. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
- 2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Craighead, Greene, Poinsett, Cross, Crittenden, Mississippi, St. Francis, Jackson, Woodruff, Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp, Independence, Izard, Fulton, Stone, Cleburne and White Counties in Arkansas; also Dunklin, Pemiscot, Butler, Ripley, Oregon and Howell Counties in Missouri, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KAIT-TV, the other Sponsors, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Individuals entering the promotion are eligible to win up to one (1) daily prize.
- 3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 5am July 1, 2010ndividuals can enter via an online submission form on kait8.com. Entries must be received by July 29, 2010, 5 pm in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsors, and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KAIT-TV and the other Sponsors of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KAIT-TV may release entrant's personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsors for that purpose. KAIT-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant's personally identifiable information by the other Sponsors.
- 4. Prizes. Daily winners are eligible for one of the prizes listed on sponsor's giveaway page.
No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winners. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- 5. How the Prizes are Awarded. Each weekday morning during the period July 6, 2010 through July 30, 2010, up to two of the Sponsors will randomly select a daily prize winner from the entries received at their respective locations. Daily prize winner(s) will be announced on Good Morning Region 8 on the morning after the drawings. The prize that each of the Sponsors will give away is listed on Attachment A. Once a Sponsor selects a daily winner, the entries at such Sponsor's location will be eligible for the grand prize drawing but not any further daily prizes. There will be a total of 40 daily winners. On July 31, 2010, KAIT will randomly draw 1 grand prize winner from the entries located at all of the locations.
- 6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Early registration will increase chances of winning a daily prize.
- 7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winners, and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by 10 days after announcement or the prize will be forfeited.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KAIT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from KAIT-TV if KAIT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KAIT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- 8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of any prize awarded.
- 9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KAIT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KAIT-TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's web sites, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).