Caruthersville man electrocuted while working on roof

By Christy Hendricks - email

CARUTHERSVILLE, MO (KFVS) - A 21-year-old Caruthersville man was electrocuted Thursday while working on a roof.
Roger Forrester was operating the boom on a truck trying to lift plywood onto the roof of Pilots Machine Shop at 815 W. 3rd Street when the boom hit a main power line, according to Caruthersville Police Chief Chris Riggs. 
He was outside the truck operating the boom when the electricity ran through the truck and electrocuted him at about 7:20 Thursday morning. 
Forrester worked with his father as a contractor. 
Riggs says when this happened the electricity also struck a gas line and caused a leak, but it has been fixed.  The line had about 19,000 volts of electricity. 
Forrester was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead.

©2009 KFVS. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.