JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Quick action Friday afternoon prevents a grease fire from becoming a full apartment complex fire, according to Jonesboro Fire Department.
It happened at the Breckenridge Apartments on Self Circle. The call came in around 1:30 p.m. Fire Batallion Chief Kenny Jones says when his firefighters arrived, they saw smoke coming out of the apartment unit's door.
Jones says his crew was able to quickly put the fire out, although the unit did suffer extensive damage. Other units appeared unharmed by the flames.
No one was hurt in the fire.
Batallion Chief Jones said that had his team not been able to respond so swiftly, things could have been much worse.
The property manager said the renters did not have insurance to cover their belongings but the apartment complex's insurance will cover repairs to the unit itself.