SEARCY - The Harding University football team will play its first road game of the season at West Alabama on Thursday at 7 p.m. The game will air regionally on Charter/Comcast Sports Southeast.
- Date/Time: Thursday, Sept. 3, 7 p.m. at Tiger Stadium in Livingston, Ala.
- Television: White County Cable TV-16 (LIVE) and regionally on CSS (to find the station in your area, click HERE)
- Radio: KVHU-95.3 FM in Searcy (Billy Morgan and Scott Goode)
- Series: HU leads 9-5
- Last Meeting: Harding won 37-27 in Searcy, Ark. on Sept. 6, 2008
- Harding has won six straight games over West Alabama, dating back to 2001.
- This season marks Harding's ninth as a member of the Gulf South Conference. The Bisons are 37-41 in GSC action. Thursday's game with West Alabama is a non-conference game.
- The Bisons are 18-7 in non-conference games since joining the NCAA in 1997. Harding will play its third and final non-conference game of the season next Saturday against Southwest Baptist.
- Thursday's game is the first of five road games for the Bisons and, at 345 miles, easily the longest. The next longest is 190 miles to Southern Arkansas.
- After one week, Harding's 22.7 yards per kickoff return leads all GSC teams.