Female Athlete of the Week
Miranda Walker, Jr.
- Junior Miranda Walker and the Arkansas Razorback women's cross country team opened the 2009 season with a win at the Arkansas Invitational in Fayetteville.
- The Razorbacks finished five runners in the top 10, seven in the top 12 and all competitors in the top 14.
-Walker won the 4,000-meter race in a time of 14:01.5. Friday marked her first race in a year after redshirting 2008-09 because of an injury.
Male Athlete of the Week
Barnabas Kirui, Jr.
- Ole Miss junior Barnabas Kirui opened the 2009 cross country season by winning the Brooks Twilight Classic Saturday night with a time of 19:00.77 in the four mile race.
- His time was nearly 12 seconds faster than his closest competitor and was a new course record.
- Kirui missed all of last season and the majority of the 2007 season due to injury and made his return to the team Saturday night.
of the Week
- Finished first on the team in her opening collegiate cross country race, topping the next competitor by more than 37 seconds at the EKU Invitational.
- Leads the conference with a 3-mile mark of 15:54.
- Her three 1-mile splits were among the top five in the race, led by an opening mile mark of 5:14.
of the Week
- Finished first on the team in his opening collegiate cross country race, topping the next competitor by more than seven seconds at the EKU Invitational.
- Second in the conference with a 4-mile mark of 19:02.