SEARCY - The Harding University football team will play its second home game of the 2009 season Saturday, Sept. 12 at 6 p.m. against Southwest Baptist at First Security Stadium in Searcy.
- Date/Time: Saturday, Sept. 12, 6 p.m. at First Security Stadium in Searcy, Ark.
- Television: White County Cable TV-16 (tape delayed)
- Radio: KVHU-95.3 FM in Searcy (Billy Morgan)
- Series: Harding leads 4-1
- Last Meeting: Southwest Baptist won 43-31 in Bolivar, Mo., on Sept. 13, 2008
- Harding is playing its third of three non-conference games this season. The Bisons open Gulf South Conference play next Saturday on the road at Delta State.
- Harding has won both previous meetings with Southwest Baptist in Searcy.
- Harding junior running back Dominic Blood enters the game as the Bisons' leader in rushing and receptions.
- Bison junior quarterback Josh Powell ranks second in the GSC with 298.5 passing yards per game.
- Entering the game, the Harding defense ranks third in the GSC with 190.5 passing yards allowed per game.
Harding has revenge on its mind when it hosts Southwest Baptist.
Last year, HU suffered its first-ever loss to SBU, falling 41-31 on the road. The Bisons return home for this year's matchup, where they are undefeated in the previous two meetings. Harding collected a 17-10 win in 2004 and a 43-40 triumph in 2007. Those in attendance should enjoy a high-scoring contest as the winning team has hit the 40-point mark each season except the in 2004 matchup. HU seeks to move past .500 (1-1), while the Bearcats are 0-2.
Harding is third in the GSC in pass defense (195.0), fifth in scoring defense (tied, 24.0), pass offense (298.5) and total offense (359.0) and sixth in total defense (380.5). Quarterback Josh Powell is second in passing (298.5) and third in total offense (286.5). Wide out Zac Ross is second in all purpose yards (tied, 152.0), while Dominic Blood is sixth in receptions (tied, 5.00).
Harding Sports Information