SEARCY - The Harding University football team will take on its first nationally-ranked opponent of the season Saturday, Sept. 19 at 6 p.m. against ninth-ranked Delta State at Parker Field in Cleveland, Miss.
- Date/Time: Saturday, Sept. 19, 6 p.m. at Parker Field in Cleveland, Miss.
- Television: none
- Radio: KVHU-95.3 FM in Searcy (Billy Morgan and Scott Goode)
- Series: Delta State leads 9-0-1
- Last Meeting: Delta State won 56-49 in overtime in Searcy, Ark., on Sept. 20, 2008
- Harding is opening its 10th season of play in the Gulf South Conference vs. Delta State. The Bisons are 37-41 all-time in GSC games.
- Harding has won two GSC openers, in 2002 vs. North Alabama and 2004 vs. West Georgia.
- Bison junior quarterback Josh Powell leads the GSC with 321.3 passing yards per game and 333.7 total yards per game.
- Harding's 32 rushing first downs are more than any other team in the GSC. The Bisons had 41 total first downs vs. Southwest Baptist, one short of the all-time NCAA Division II record of 42 set by Delaware in 1973.
- The Bisons were picked to finish ninth in the 11-team Gulf South Conference Preseason Coaches' Poll. Harding senior wide receiver Kurt Adams was named to the Preseason All-GSC Team.