Turkey season lawsuit is moved to Pulaski County - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Turkey season lawsuit is moved to Pulaski County

WYNNE, Ark. (AP) - A lawsuit challenging the cancellation of Arkansas' fall turkey hunting season is being transferred from Phillips to Pulaski County. David Clark of Conway filed the lawsuit alleging the state Game and Fish Commission was arbitrary and capricious when it voted 4-3 last week to cancel the fall hunt.

 It also says hunters were not given sufficient opportunity to raise their concerns. It asks for an emergency order reinstating the season. At a hearing Thursday in Wynne a judge agreed with attorneys for the commission who said the case should've been filed in Pulaski County where lawsuits against state agencies are generally heard.

 Clark's attorney - David Carruth - said he'll refile the lawsuit Friday in Pulaski County and ask for a hearing as soon as possible. --- Information from: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, http://www.arkansasonline.com

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly