SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 3)
6-0, 234, Senior Saline, La. (Jonesboro-Hodge HS)
• Scott rushed for a season-best 95 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries in LSU's 20-13 win at Georgia. • Both touchdown runs came in the final three minutes of the contest as LSU overcame two fourth-quarter deficits to win in Athens for the first time since 1987. • His second score was a 33-yard scamper that put the Tigers ahead for good at 20-13 with less than a minute left to play in the game. • His first TD came on a two-yard plunge that gave the Tigers a 12-7 lead with 2:53 left in the game. • Also caught one pass for 15 yards in the game.
6-4, 258, Junior, Decatur, Ala. (HS)
• McClain led the Crimson Tide defense with a game-high 12 tackles (eight solos) with an interception, forced fumble and a pass deflection in Alabama's 38-20 win at Kentucky. • His forced fumble led to a 45-yard fumble return by Courtney Upshaw for a touchdown and gave the Tide a 21-6 halftime lead. • His 21-yard interception return to the UK 38 on the first possession of the third quarter set up a touchdown two plays later and gave Alabama a 28-6 lead. • His pass deflection to teammate Eryk Anders for an interception at the UK 47 led to a third quarter field and a 31-6 Crimson Tide lead.
6-2, 209, Junior, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)
• Accounted for 14 of Auburn's points, including four field goals and two point-after attempts, in a 26-22 win at Tennessee. • His four field goals are a career-high, connecting from 29, 43, 19 and 22 yards. • The 22-yarder with 39 seconds remaining iced Tigers' first road win of season. • Four field goals are the most fin a game by an Auburn kicker since 2004. • His lone miss was 46-yarder with 1:30 in first half-his first miss on season after nailing first nine attempts.
6-6, 335, Senior, Batesville, Miss. (South Panola HS)
• Jerry anchored an Ole Miss offense that accounted for 397 total yards and 35:49 time of possession in the Rebels' 23-7 win at Vanderbilt. • Jerry finished the game with 14 finishes, 4 knock downs, graded 85% in run game and 97% in passing game. • The Rebel offensive line allowed just one sack and had just 15 lost rushing yards in 43 attempts.
6-1, 238, Freshman, Memphis, Tenn. (Whitehaven HS)
• Wright recorded three tackles, with two for losses, including a sack and two caused fumbles in Arkansas' 47-19 win against Texas A&M. • His first forced fumble came midway through the second quarter. Texas A&M trailed 14-10, but had the ball on the Arkansas nine-yard line when Wright stripped A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson and UA's Jerry Franklin scooped the ball and ran 85 yards for a touchdown. • His second forced fumble came on the Aggies' last drive of the game in the fourth quarter and stopped an A&M drive at the Arkansas 37-yard line.
Running Back/Return Specialist
5-10, 164, Fort Meade, Fla. (HS/Hargrave Military Academy)
• McCalebb accumulated a game-high 204 all-purpose yards in Auburn's 26-22 win at Tennessee. • Among his all-purpose yards were 51 yards rushing, 62 yards receiving, 91 yards on kickoff returns. • His 52 yard kickoff return with 4:19 remaining in game set up game clinching field goal with :39 left. • His 204 all-purpose yards were a career-best and team season high.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 5
RB MARK INGRAM (Alabama) -- Rushed for 140 yards on 22 carries and a pair of touchdowns against Kentucky.
QB RYAN MALLETT (Arkansas) -- Completed 17-of-27 passes for 271 yards with four touchdowns and an interception against Texas A&M.
RB BEN TATE (Auburn) -- Accounted for 180 all-purpose yards, including 128 rushing yards on 25 carries and a touchdown, against Tennessee.
LB RENNIE CURRAN (Georgia) -- Had a career and game-high 16 total tackles, with 1.5 for losses, including a half-sack, against LSU.
WR A.J. GREEN (Georgia) -- Had five catches for 99 yards and a touchdown against LSU.
PK LONES SEIBER (Kentucky) -- Connected on two 49-yard field goals against Alabama.
RB/RS TRINDON HOLLIDAY (LSU) -- Logged 124 all-purpose yards against Georgia, including 40-yard return that set up game-winning touchdown.
WR SHAY HODGE (Ole Miss) -- Had a game-high eight catches for 122 yards and two touchdowns against Vanderbilt.
LB PATRICK TRAHAN (Ole Miss) -- Registered a career-high 11 tackles, including two sacks, against Vanderbilt.
RB ANTHONY DIXON (Mississippi State) -- Rushed for a game-high 106 yards on 18 carries against Georgia Tech.
DL PERNELL McPHEE (Mississippi State) -- Had career-high 11 total tackles with 3.5 for losses including a sack against Georgia Tech.
WR MOE BROWN (South Carolina) -- Caught six passes for 100 yards and two touchdowns against South Carolina State.
RB JARVIS GILES (South Carolina) -- Freshman rushed for 74 yards on 11 carries against South Carolina State.
RB MONTARIO HARDESTY (Tennessee) -- Rushed for 90 yards on 21 carries and a touchdown against Auburn.
RB WARREN NORMAN (Vanderbilt) -- Accumulated 241 all-purpose yards, including 86 rushing, 143 on kickoff returns and 12 receiving, against Ole Miss.