SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (GAMES OF OCT. 10)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- 6-4 228 Senior Waynesboro, N.C. (Tuscola HS)
- Crompton completed 20-of-27 passes for career-high 310 yards with four touchdowns and an interception in Tennessee's 45-19 win against Georgia.
- Three of Crompton's TD passes came in the second quarter and helped build a 21-12 Vol halftime lead.
- For the game, Crompton had a pass efficiency rating of 212.0. His rating for the season entering Saturday was 114.2, and for his career 107.2.
- Crompton's third-quarter pick also snapped a string of 88 pass attempts without an interception.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- 6-3 252 Senior Shelby, N.C. (Crest HS)
- Spikes was credited with a team-high 11 total tackles (4 solos) with career best three sacks (-14 yard) and a fumble recovery in Florida's 13-3 win at then-#4 LSU.
- The Gator defense held the Tigers to 162 total offensive yards, with just 66 on the ground. Florida's defense recorded six tackles for losses in the game, including five sacks.
- Florida held its opponent under 100 yards rushing for the fourth time in five games this season.
- The Gator defense also collected an interception for the 17th-straight game, the nation's longest streak.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
- 5-9 205 Sophomore Texarkana, Ark. (Arkansas HS)
- Johnson had three kickoff returns for 145 yards, inlcluding a 70-yarder as Arkansas defeated Auburn 44-23.
- Had his third kickoff return of 50+ yards of the season with a 70 yard return against Auburn.
- His 70-yard kickoff return was a game-changing moment as it came after Auburn had scored three touchdowns in the final minutes of the third quarter to gain momentum and get within 34-23 of the Razorbacks. Arkansas scored seven plays later to put the game out of reach.
- His 48.3 yard return average against Auburn is tied for the second highest in the SEC this season (tied with Leon Berry, Miss. State; 1st-Johnson vs. Missouri State).
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
- 6-1 294 Sophomore Birmingham, Ala. (Mountain Brook HS)
- Vlachos did not allow a sack or get called for any penalties as Alabama defeated Ole Miss, 22-3.
- He was named one of the players of the week by the Tide coaching staff for second straight week.
- Alabama totaled 354 yards with 200 of those coming on the ground. The Tide led time of possession by a 38:19 to 21:41 margin.
- Vlachos helped clear the way for Mark Ingram's 172-yard rushing performance
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
- 6-3 295 Senior Louisville, Ky. (Central HS)
- Peters tied for the Kentucky lead with seven tackles, in the Wildcats 28-26 loss at South Carolina.
- He had a career-high 3.5 tackles for loss, good for 26 yards of losses, including a career-high 2.5 quarterback sacks, good for -25 yards
- Also had a QB hurry that forced an incomplete pass.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
- 6-3 217 St. Matthews, S.C. (Calhoun County HS)
- Jeffery caught seven passes for 138 yards and three touchdowns in South Carolina's 28-26 win over Kentucky.
- He scored from 10, 28 and 22 yards out on passes from Stephen Garcia.
- The three touchdown receptions tied for the second-best single game performance in school history.
- Jeffery came into the game with just five catches for 61 yards through the first five games before his breakout performance on Saturday.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 6
RB MARK INGRAM (Alabama) -- Rushed for game-high 172 yards on 28 carries and a touchdown at Ole Miss.
LB ROLANDO McCLAIN (Alabama) -- Had seven tackles (4 solos) with a tackle for loss (-2) and an interception against Ole Miss.
RB MICHAEL SMITH (Arkansas) -- Rushed for 145 yards on 18 carries and a touchdown against Auburn. Also caught a 12-yard pass and had a six-yard punt return.
RB BEN TATE (Auburn) -- Accounted for 228 all-purpose yards and 2 TDs against Arkansas, including 184 rushing yards and two scores on 22 carries.
RB JEFF DEMPS (Florida) -- Had 16 carries for team-high 86 yards against LSU.
CB BRANDON BOYKIN (Georgia) -- Returned kickoff 100 yards for a touchdown and had three tackles against Tennessee.
RB/RS RANDALL COBB (Kentucky) -- Accounted for 229 all-purpose yards and 2 TDs against South Carolina (89 rushing, 62 receiving, 19 punt returns, 59 kick returns).
LB PERRY RILEY (LSU) -- Credited with 12 total tackles (3 solos) with 0.5 for losses (-1 yard), two pass deflections and a QB pressure against Florida.
RB ANTHONY DIXON (Mississippi State) -- Rushed for game-high 134 yards on 21 carries and two touchdowns against Houston.
QB STEPHEN GARCIA (South Carolina) -- Completed 16-of-23 passes for 233 yards with three TDs and an interception against Kentucky.
SAF JOHNNY BROWN (Ole Miss) -- Registered game-high 10 tackles (7 solos) against Alabama.
DT DAN WILLIAMS (Tennessee) -- Had five tackles, including one behind the line of scrimmage, against Georgia.