SEARCY - The Harding University football team will be seeking its third consecutive victory Saturday as it plays host to Valdosta State. Kickoff at First Security Stadium is at 6 p.m.
- Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 17, 6 p.m. at First Security Stadium in Searcy, Ark.
- Television: TV 16 in Searcy
- Internet Coverage: Live audio, video and stats on HardingSports.com
- Radio: KVHU-95.3 FM in Searcy (Billy Morgan and Jerry Mote)
- Series: Valdosta State leads 4-1
- Last Meeting: Valdosta State won 21-13 in Valdosta, Ga., on Oct. 18, 2008
- Harding is looking for its first three-game winning streak since 2007.
- Harding senior Zac Ross will make his second career start at quarterback.
- Harding enters the game tied for the GSC lead with a +10 turnover margin.
- Harding leads the GSC and ranks sixth nationally with 15 interceptions.
- Harding senior Josh Jones leads the GSC and NCAA Division II with eight interceptions. He is second nationally with 16 passes defended. Jones has five interceptions in the last two games.
- Jones needs two interceptions to tie the GSC single-season record and move into the D2 career top 10.
- Senior Zac Ross needs 290 kickoff return yards to become the GSC's career leader.
- HU is under the direction of third-year head coach Ronnie Huckeba, who has an 11-15 overall record.
- Harding is 2-1 at home this season with three more home games remaining. It is the first time since 2004 that Harding will play six games at First Security Stadium. The Bisons are 33-15 (.688) at home since 2000. Valdosta State is 0-2 on the road this season.
- Junior quarterback Josh Powell did not dress against Ouachita Baptist and is doubtful for the game against Valdosta State ... Powell started the first six games of the season and ranks seventh in the GSC in both passing yards (221.3) and total offense (229.7).
- With 129 rushing yards and 128 passing yards at Ouachita Baptist, Harding compiled more rushing yards than passing yards in a game for only the second time in the last three seasons ... the Bisons rushed for 196 and passed for 162 at Southern Arkansas in 2007.
- Leading the Harding defense is senior rover Josh Jones ... Jones leads NCAA Division II with eight interceptions ... he is already tied for third in an HU single season ... he trails only Bruce Baldwin, who had nine interceptions in 1981 and 11 in 1982 ... Jones had 15 interceptions in his three-year career at Minnesota-Moorhead and has 23 in his career and needs only two more to move into the NCAA Division II all-time top 10 ... he also needs two more to tie the GSC single-season record.