SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Oct. 17)
- 5-10 215 Sophomore Flint, Mich. (Southwestern Academy)
- Ingram rushed for a career-high 246 yards on 24 carries and a touchdown and also caught two passes for 23 yards in Alabama's 20-6 win against South Carolina.
- Ingram's rushing total is the highest ever in a game at Bryant-Denny Stadium and third most in Alabama history.
- In Alabama's fourth-quarter 68-yard scoring drive, Ingram carried the ball on all six plays, ending in a 4-yard touchdown run to put the Tide ahead, 20-6.
- Ingram had 146 yards on the first half, including a game-long 54 yarder, which set up an Alabama field goal.
- Ingram leads the SEC, averaging 129.3 rushing yards per game, and 11 touchdowns.
- 6-2 258 Senior Fort Campbell, Ky. (HS)
- Johnson had a game-high 14 tackles, eight solo and six assists, in Kentucky's 21-14 win at Auburn.
- He was also credited with one tackle for loss (-1 yard). Play came on Auburn's finel drive, on 2nd-and 2, forcing third down conversion attempt.
- As a team, Kentucky limited Auburn to seven offensive points and 315 offensive yards, season lows in both categories; Auburn entered the game averaging 38.3 points and 489.8 yards total offense per game.
- Johnson is fifth in the SEC in average tackles per game (8.7).
- 5-10 190 Sophomore St. Augustine, Fla. (HS)
- Sturgis' game-winning 27-yard field goal in Florida's 23-20 win against Arkansas was the Gators' first game-winner since a Matt Leach 33-yard field goal with 33 seconds to beat Georgia 16-13 on Nov. 1, 2003.
- Sturgis was successful on a 51-yard field goal attempt goal with 10:53 to play in the third quarter. It was the longest since Leach connected on a 52-yard attempt against Georgia on Oct. 30, 2004.
- The field goal was the third-longest in the SEC this season.
- He is now 10-for-12 (.833) on the season, 4-for-5 from between 20-29 yards, 5-for-6 from between 30-39 yards and 1-for-1 from beyond 50 yards.
- 6-2 305 Senior Baton Rouge, La. (Scottlandville HS)
- Geralds anchored an offensive line which helped produce 501 yards of total offense in a 48-13 victory over UAB.
- The Rebel offense averaged 7.8 yards on 64 total offensive plays. The offensive line did not allow a sack in the game.
- Geralds was credited with four knock-downs and four finishes, while grading 91 percent in the run game and 95 percent in the passing game.
- 6-1 290 Senior Pembroke Pines, Fla. (St. Thomas Aquinas HS)
- Atkins matched his career high with eight tackles, including one tackle for loss, during Georgia's 34-10 road win over Vanderbilt.
- Atkins came off of the bench to tie for second on the Bulldogs in tackles versus the Commodores.
- He helped anchor a defensive front which held the Commodores under 300 yards of total offense and shut the Commodores out during the first and fourth quarters.
- 5-10 170
Palm Bay, Fla. (Bayside HS)
- Broomfield recorded five total tackles (all solos) with one for a loss (-2 yards), two interceptions and a pass deflection in Mississippi State's 27-6 win at Middle Tennessee.
- Broomfield's first pick came early in the fourth quarter halting an MTSU drive in Bulldog territory.
- Broomfield ended Middle Tennessee's next drive on an interception.
- The Bulldogs held the Blue Raiders to 248 total yards, including 42 on the ground, and forced four turnovers (all interceptions).
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 7
LB ROLANDO McCLAIN (Alabama) - Had seven tackles (5 solos) with one for a loss, a pass deflection and two QB pressures against South Carolina.
DT DEQUINTA JONES (Arkansas) -- Had five total tackles with two sacks (-19 yards) against Florida.
WR GREG CHILDS (Arkansas) -- Had four catches for 135 yards and a touchdown against Florida.
RB DENNIS JOHNSON (Arkansas) -- Had 246 all-purpose yards, including 107 yards rushing on 14 carries, against Florida.
RB BEN TATE (Auburn) -- Rushed for 132 yards on 31 carries and a touchdown against Kentucky.
LB JOSH BYNES (Auburn) -- Had team-high 9 total tackles (6 solos) with a sack (-7 yards) and a quarterback pressure against Kentucky.
DE JERMAINE CUNNINGHAM (Florida) -- Had six tackles, with four for losses, including two sacks against Arkansas.
WR A.J. GREEN (Georgia) -- Had three catches for 95 yards, including a 65-yard TD reception against Vanderbilt.
QB/WR RANDALL COBB (Kentucky) -- Had 109 yards rushing on 12 carries and a 4-yard TD run, which was the game-winner in the 4th quarter, against Auburn.
QB JEVAN SNEAD (Ole Miss) -- Completed 15-of-22 passes for 240 yards with 3 TDs against UAB.
RB ANTHONY DIXON (Mississippi State) -- Became Miss. State's all-time leading rusher with 135 yards on 27 carries and two TDs against Middle Tennessee.
WR ALSHON JEFFERY (South Carolina) -- Had four catches for 83 yards against Alabama.
LB SHAQ WILSON (South Carolina) -- Had team-high tying 11 tackles (4 solos) with 1.5 for losses (-2) and an interception against Alabama.
RB WARREN NORMAN (Vanderbilt) -- Rushed for team-high 52 yards on 14 carries, had two catches for 27 yards and had 71 kickoff return yards on 4 attempts against Georgia.
LB CHRIS MARVE (Vanderbilt) -- Had team-high tying 9 tackles (7 solos) with one for a 3-yard loss against Georgia.