SEARCY - The Harding University football team will play its 51st Homecoming game Saturday as it meets Henderson State. Kickoff at First Security Stadium is at 2 p.m.
- Date/Time: Saturday, Oct. 31, 2 p.m. at First Security Stadium in Searcy.
- Television: TV 16 in Searcy (tape delayed)
- Internet Coverage: Live audio, video and stats on HardingSports.com
- Radio: KVHU-95.3 FM in Searcy (Billy Morgan and Jerry Mote)
- Series: Henderson State leads 27-16-1
- Last Meeting: Henderson State won 33-32 in Arkadelphia, on Nov. 1, 2008
- Harding is playing its 52nd Homecoming game ... the Bisons are 32-16-2 all-time on Homecoming.
- Harding coaches are hoping that junior Josh Powell will be able to make his return at quarterback this week.
- Harding has a +14 turnover margin this season in its wins and a -5 turnover margin in its losses.
- Senior Zac Ross leads Harding in rushing and receiving, a feat accomplished only four times in program history.
- Harding senior Josh Jones leads the GSC and is tied for second nationally with eight interceptions ... Jones needs two interceptions to tie the GSC single-season record and move into the D2 career top 10.
- Senior Zac Ross needs nine yards to move into second in career all-purpose yards at Harding.
- HU is under the direction of third-year head coach Ronnie Huckeba, who has an 11-17 overall record.
- Harding and Henderson State are meeting for the 45th time overall and 21st time in Searcy.
- HSU leads the series 27-16-1 overall but Harding leads 12-7-1 in games played in Searcy.
- Harding has won the last five meetings in Searcy and has not lost at home to HSU since 1988.
- The teams have not played in Searcy since 2006 when Harding won 34-28.
- Last season, Henderson State scored the game-winning touchdown with only 18 seconds left.
- In the game, David Knighton completed 39 passes for 384 yards. Jordan Watson had two TD catches.