Cigarettes may have started apartment fire - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Cigarettes may have started apartment fire

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - The Jonesboro Fire Department is looking at cigarettes as a possible cause for a fire at The Pines Apartments.

Fire officials believe cigarettes thrown into a cardboard box on the balcony of the apartment, may be to blame.

Fire crews were able to contain the blaze to a single apartment. The apartment suffered heavy smoke and water damage.

No injuries were reported, the fire remains under investigation.

©2009 KAIT All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly