Seven games are on the SEC slate for Nov. 14, including five intra-conference battles. The schedule follows:
Tennessee at Ole Miss (11 a.m. CT / CBS Sports)
Kentucky at Vanderbilt (11:21 a.m. CT / SEC Network)
Florida at South Carolina (3:30 p.m. ET / CBS Sports)
Alabama at Mississippi State (6 p.m. CT / ESPN)
Auburn at Georgia (7 p.m. ET / ESPN2)
Louisiana Tech at LSU (6 p.m. CT / ESPNU)
Troy at Arkansas (6:30 p.m. CT / CSS)
- SEC non-conference record now stands at 35-6 (.854). It is the highest non-conference winning percentage among NCAA FBS conferences.
- In the major polls/rankings this week, four SEC teams are ranked in the USA Today coaches poll while three are in the AP, Harris and BCS rankings. Florida is ranked first in all four polls/rankings, while Alabama is third in AP, Harris and USA Today and second in the BCS Rankings. LSU is 9th in AP, 11th in USA Today and Harris and 8th in the BCS. Auburn is ranked 25th in the USA Today Coaches’ Poll.
- More than 5 million fans have been to SEC home games thus far in 2009. In 66 games, a total of 5,029,923 fans have been to SEC games. Percentage of capacity is 97.71 percent.
- Florida QB Tim Tebow has a 31-5 record as a starting quarterback – the sixth highest winning percentage in SEC history (.861).
- Alabama and Florida have clinched spots in the SEC Championship Game on Dec. 5 at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Kickoff is 4 p.m. ET on CBS Sports. Florida reaches the SEC Championship Game for the 10th time while Alabama enters the game for the 7th time. The UF-UA matchup will be the seventh time these two teams have met in the SEC Championship Game with the Gators holding a 4-2 advantage. In SEC Championship Games, Florida is 7-2 while Alabama is 2-4.
- Tebow needs one more TD to tie SEC career record for most TDs scored. He has 52 which is tied for second with Georgia’s Herschel Walker. The record of 53 is held by LSU’s Kevin Faulk (1995-98).
- Two of the most competitive matchups in recent SEC history take place this weekend. Since 2000, the average winning margin in the Georgia-Auburn game is 11.33 points, which is the 14th closest in the league. The Kentucky-Vanderbilt series has been decided by an average of 10.33 points in its meetings since 2000, which is the 9th closest in the league.
- SEC teams are stopping opponents 3-downs-and-out 34.65 percent of the time this season. Florida leads the SEC at 46.30 percent (50 of 108 drives), while Alabama is second at 42.34 percent (47 of 111).