LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - State police said no emergencies occurred among motorists brought to a halt by the closure of Interstate 30 southwest of Little Rock.
State police spokesman Bill Sadler said that, after the highway was closed Thursday morning, efforts were made to find out if any of the stranded motorists needed emergency aid.
He said commanders sent troopers up and down the line of stranded traffic to check to see if there were any motorists who had medical needs or were running short of gasoline. He said that, to his knowledge, no such emergencies were found.
He said that, as of shortly before noon, the backed-up traffic in both directions had been cleared, by drivers making U-turns or reversing until they were able to reach an access ramp.
The highway reopened about 1:30 p.m. Thursday.