CONWAY, AR (AP) - Authorities say a firearm that was used in a 2008 shooting at the University of Central Arkansas that left two students dead had been stolen, but probably not by the accused.
Prosecutor Marcus Vaden says the gun had been legally purchased and that it changed hands several times, including once when it was stolen. A gun dealer in Faulkner County sold the gun to the original owner.
On Oct. 26, 2008, the weapon was fired into a crowd outside Arkansas Hall. Killed were 18-year-old Ryan Henderson of Little Rock and 19-year-old Chavares Block of Dermott.
Four people face charges related to the shooting. Vaden says he hopes to have only one trial, which is set for June 14.