POPLAR BLUFF, MO (KFVS) - A mobile home fire in Butler County leaves a family with nothing.
The fire happened Sunday night around 9:00 on Country Road 482, about 10 miles south of Poplar Bluff.
Homeowner David Green says he came home from church and smelled smoke.
He immediately got his six year old step daughter and wife, who is six months pregnant, out of the house before it burst into flames.
Green says he first saw fire coming from the clothes dryer.
No one was hurt, but the family says they lost everything, so the Friendship General Baptist Church is helping the Green's get back on their feet.
"Money or furniture items. Even baby clothes would be nice. It's going to be a little girl. So if you send baby clothes or anything like that, money is nice too, just anything," said church member Minnie Smith.
"We're going to take up offerings here and we're going to have a baby shower and a household shower together to help them out and supply their home," said church treasurer Clarence Smith.
Smith says he's already been impressed by the outpouring of support, but says it doesn't surprise him.
"We're always helping each other here. If somebody needs something and somebody else has it, then it's yours. That's the way we are here," he said.
The family is currently staying with David Green's mother in Poplar Bluff.
If you wish to donate money or supplies, please call Clarence or Minnie Smith at 573-989-3858.