Fire at Region 8 school will not affect starting date - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Fire at Region 8 school will not affect starting date

IMBODEN, AR (KAIT) – Firefighters in Imboden were able to extinguish a fire at Sloan-Hendrix high School before a lot of damage could be done to the building.

According to the Sloan-Hendrix Superintendent, the fire was caused by an electrical short that started in the attic. The band room sustained smoke and water damage to the room.

All of the instruments were able to be brought outside with minimal damage. No one was at the building at the time of the fire.

The superintendent tells Region 8 News that the fire and damage will not affect the school's start date of Thursday August 19.

©2010 KAIT All rights reserved.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    NEA Humane Society holds cat adoption event

    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:25 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:25:19 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 6:48 PM EDT2018-06-23 22:48:36 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

    The Northeast Arkansas Humane Society is hosting a Feline Freedom Adoption Frenzy in honor of July 4th.

  • Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Mayor: Corning Walmart set to close in July

    Wednesday, June 20 2018 11:26 AM EDT2018-06-20 15:26:48 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 3:05 PM EDT2018-06-23 19:05:53 GMT
    (Source: KAIT)(Source: KAIT)

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

    A Walmart in Region 8 is closing within the month, according to the Corning mayor.

  • Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Dollar General store destroyed by Friday fire

    Friday, June 22 2018 10:35 PM EDT2018-06-23 02:35:05 GMT
    Saturday, June 23 2018 2:47 PM EDT2018-06-23 18:47:09 GMT

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

    A Jonesboro Dollar General store is a total loss after a fire Friday night

Powered by Frankly