IMBODEN, AR (KAIT) – Firefighters in Imboden were able to extinguish a fire at Sloan-Hendrix high School before a lot of damage could be done to the building.
According to the Sloan-Hendrix Superintendent, the fire was caused by an electrical short that started in the attic. The band room sustained smoke and water damage to the room.
All of the instruments were able to be brought outside with minimal damage. No one was at the building at the time of the fire.
The superintendent tells Region 8 News that the fire and damage will not affect the school's start date of Thursday August 19.