PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) – Residents at the Greene Acres Nursing Home were evacuated after smoke was reported in the building.
According to the Paragould Fire Department, an air conditioning unit shorted out sending smoke into the building around 11:30 Tuesday morning.
Fire crews say when they arrived; residents had already been evacuated from the affected area, and were in no danger.
The Paragould Fire Department told Region 8 News that no damage was done to the facility, only to the air conditioning unit that shorted out.
Residents were allowed back in after about 45 minutes.