Region 8 man electrocuted working on own electricity

INDEPENDENCE COUNTY, AR (KAIT) – A Sulphur Rock man was electrocuted after police say he tried to fix his own electricity.

According to the Independence County Sheriff's Department, Nathan Blanton climbed his deer stand to work on his electricity that had gone out.

When police arrived they found Blanton hanging upside down from the stand, having already fell about 25 feet. Police say he was talking when they arrived, but later became unresponsive and was air-lifted to a Little Rock hospital.

Police say Blanton died Tuesday morning from his injuries.

Entergy is investigating the electrical problem at Blanton's home.

©2010 KAIT all rights reserved.