Cyber Monday Outlook: tired of spending? - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Cyber Monday Outlook: tired of spending?

By Amanda Hanson - bio | email feedback

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - From Black Friday, to Small Business Saturday, people in Region 8 have been dishing out the dough all weekend. Sales are encouraging, but are shoppers done?

It's as easy as the click of a mouse. Cyber Monday shopping kicks off November 29th, but after spending big bucks Black Friday on big ticket items, do folks plan on dishing the deals online?

"I'm a big fan. I saved a lot of money last year," says shopper Jacklyn Stanley. She says with 14 nieces and nephews, she was able to take care of all her shopping in one swoop, and save big!

"I saved like over half. I got cute outfits from Janie and Jack for like 12 dollars a piece for my nieces and nephews," says Stanley

She says forget about fighting tooth and nail on Black Friday...Cyber Monday is the way to go! "It's really good, last year I went to Black Friday with my husband and my sister-in-law got up at 3:30 am and then after that I just wound up doing it from the computer. So yeah, it was way easier," says Stanley.

Sandy McQuay spent 9 hours Black Friday looking for deals and prefers the old fashion way of shopping. "no, not really a fan of Cyber Monday. I do not do a lot of online shopping. I'm more a go out to the mall and look and see what they got. I like to try things on and make sure it's going to be what I'm looking for," says McQuay

While some didn't know Cyber Monday even existed. "I didn't realize that was a program they were doing so now that I know I'll have to go home and look online and find out what's going on incase there's something I really need that's on sale," says shopper Dana Braden.

©2010 KAIT all rights reserved.

Randolph County non-profit struggles to make flood repairs

Friday, November 17 2017 5:20 PM EST2017-11-17 22:20:24 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 5:52 PM EST2017-11-17 22:52:53 GMT

A beloved building in Pocahontas is still in disrepair after May flooding caused major damage to the property.

The blessings are in the boxes

Friday, November 17 2017 4:40 PM EST2017-11-17 21:40:36 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 5:48 PM EST2017-11-17 22:48:03 GMT
    VPA teachers reveal the final number of items collected during two week food drive. (Source: Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School)VPA teachers reveal the final number of items collected during two week food drive. (Source: Visual and Performing Arts Magnet School)

VPA students share their heart through giving.

VPA students share their heart through giving.

Construction continues at new library location

Friday, November 17 2017 5:09 PM EST2017-11-17 22:09:13 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 5:43 PM EST2017-11-17 22:43:14 GMT

A big renovation project underway in Batesville remains on schedule, meaning the Independence County Library should be in its new home by next summer.