MAYFLOWER, AR (AP) - Authorities say an elderly Mayflower woman has died in a house fire in central Arkansas.
Seventy-7-year-old Eula Delbeck was in her home when the blaze broke out sometime after 1 a.m. Thursday along Arkansas 89.
Delbeck's daughter told investigators she was awakened by smoke and was able to get her daughter and a service dog out of the house, but couldn't get to her mother.
Faulkner County Coroner Patrick Moore told the Log Cabin Democrat that the residence was fully involved when fire crews arrived and it took more than three hours to bring the blaze under control. Moore pronounced Delbeck dead at the scene.
Investigators say the origin of the fire was an electrical space heater in the bathroom.
Moore determined that Delbeck died of smoke and soot inhalation.
Information from: Log Cabin Democrat, http://www.thecabin.net