House fire in Lawrence Co. sends one to the hospital

HOXIE, AR (KAIT) – A Region 8 woman had to be transported to a local hospital after her home caught fire.

According to the Hoxie Fire Department, a home at 213 Memphis Street in Hoxie went up in flames around 2:45p Friday afternoon. When crews arrived flames could be seen coming through the upstairs window.

The fire department says the homeowner was home and had to be transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation. Fire crews believe the fire started somewhere in the bedroom area of the home, but aren't sure how it started.

Firefighters were able to save the home, but the bedroom and attic area was heavily damaged by fire, smoke, and water.

No names have been released.

The Walnut Ridge Fire Department assisted the Hoxie Fire Department in battling the flames.

©2010 KAIT all rights reserved.