Hog underclassmen file NFL draft paperwork - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Hog underclassmen file NFL draft paperwork

New Orleans (NWAOnline.com) - With the deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NFL Draft looming shortly after the Sugar Bowl, several Razorbacks juniors are taking a glimpse into their potential draft stock.

Quarterback Ryan Mallett, defensive end Jake Bequette, linebacker Jerry Franklin and receivers Joe Adams and Jarius Wright are among those who have submitted paperwork to the NFL Draft advisory board for underclassmen. Per NCAA rules, players can consult the advisory board on their potential draft stock without penalty.

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is Jan. 15. They can declare and withdraw their names by Jan. 18 and maintain their eligibility, as long as they have not signed with an agent.

"I'm definitely leaning toward coming back," Bequette said. "I'm not going to set anything in stone. I just want to go through the process and see what kind of feedback I get, what a profession scout has to say about my ability."

Franklin, a redshirt junior, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette he plans to return for his senior season, but submitted the paperwork to gauge pro interest.

Wright said last month he, Adams and fellow junior receiver Greg Childs all planned to return for their senior seasons in 2011. Childs suffered a season-ending knee injury in October that would likely keep him from working out for pro scouts before the draft.

Mallett, a redshirt junior, is the most likely underclassman to declare for the draft. The quarterback has passed for 3,594 yards and tied his own school record with 30 touchdowns this year. He said Friday he has not made a decision regarding the draft.

"That's something I'll sit down with my parents and talk about after the season," Mallett said. "Right now I'm focused on the Sugar Bowl."

Powered by Frankly