LITTLE ROCK (ArkansasSports360.com) - Top Arkansas high school and college players will be honored in the annual Little Rock Touchdown Club Banquet, scheduled for Thursday at the Embassy Suites in west Little Rock, off Financial Centre Parkway.
Fans can enjoy a video presentation of the honorees. Not all will be present, cush as national offensive player Cam Newton of Auburn, but most of the state honorees typically attend. Bobby Petrino was named Coach of the Year by the Touchdown Club. National Defensive Player of the Year is Auburn's Nick Fairley.
Ryan Mallett was voted by the club as Arkansas' team most valuable player, while senior tight end D.J. Williams will receive the club's Paul Eells Award for the player best exemplifying the ideals of the late "Voice of the Razorbacks" broadcaster.
State college MVPs are: Scott Buisson, UAM; Raymond Webber, UAPB; Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State; Danny Martin, Arkansas Tech; Markell Carter, Central Arkansas; Jermain Blanchard, Harding; Nick Hardesty, Henderson State; Eli Cranor, Ouachita Baptist; Rafael Thomas, Southern Arkansas, and Duane Watts, Arkansas Baptist College.
High school players and coaches of the year, by classification, are:
• 7A - Brandon Allen, Fayetteville; Barry Lunney Sr., Bentonville.
• 6A - Taylor Reed, El Dorado; Mike Lee, Van Buren.
• 5A - Chris Hampton, LR Mills; Buck James, Camden Fairview.
• 4A - Kiehl Frazier, Shiloh Christian; Chris Dufrene, Clinton.
• 3A - Steven Kehner, Glen Rose; Kelly Chandler, Rivercrest.
• 2A - Ryan Chambers, Magazine; Josh Jones, Magazine.
Call 501-590-3529 or visit the Little Rock Touchdown Club website for ticket information.