JFD contains fire to one apartment - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

JFD contains fire to one apartment

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – The Jonesboro Fire Department were able to contain a grease fire to one apartment Wednesday afternoon.

According to the Jonesboro Fire Department, a call came in around Noon Wednesday of a fire at an apartment on North Rogers Street.

When crews arrived on scene, smoke could be seen coming from a single apartment building. Fire crews say a pan with grease started the fire. The kitchen suffered the heaviest damage, while the rest of the apartment suffered heat and smoke damage.

The fire department was able to contain the fire to only one apartment. No one was injured in the fire.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly