August 21, 2003 - Posted at: 6:00 p.m. CDT
JONESBORO, Ark. -- Investigators have ruled out one possibility as to why a Region 8 home exploded earlier this week.
The incident happened on Monday, at a residence on Outback Drive near Craighead Forest in Jonesboro. No one was injured in the fire.
So far, investigators with the Jonesboro Fire Department, as well as gas company officials, have ruled out what most people suspected was the cause.
"The explosion was not due to gas coming into the structure," said Jonesboro Fire Marshall Leonard Jadrich. "We've done all the tests and surveys, there was not a malfunction there."
Jadrich said this investigation is far from over. As for the possibility that this could happen to neighboring homes, Jadrich said there should be no concern about gas in the area.
"We've completely ruled that out," said Jadrich.