Paragould house fire leaves damage to inside of home

PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) – An early afternoon fire in Paragould leaves homeowners with damage inside the home, but luckily no damage outside.

According to the Paragould Fire Department, a fire started in the kitchen area of a home at 201 South 16th Avenue.

When fire crews arrived on scene, smoke could be seen coming from the inside of the home. Firefighters were able to knock down the fire and keep it from spreading to any other parts of the home.

Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen, which suffered the most damage. The rest of the house suffered some smoke and heat damage.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no one was injured.

Region 8 News will continue to track this story bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.