Firefighters contain fire to kitchen area of Jonesboro home

JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) – A stove fire damages a Jonesboro home Friday afternoon, and is contained to just the kitchen area.

According to the Jonesboro Fire Department, the fire started around 2:30 Friday afternoon at 3919 Griggs Avenue in Jonesboro.

JFD says the fire started in the kitchen area of the home, which suffered smoke and heat damage.

JFD says the homeowner's son was home at the time of the fire, and made it out safely and reported it to the fire department.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.