Restaurant fire started with tossed cigar - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Restaurant fire started with tossed cigar

BATESVILLE, AR (KAIT) – A restaurant in Batesville suffers thousands of dollars in damage because of a tossed cigar.

According to the Batesville Fire Department, Arby's suffered $20,000 in damage after a cigar butt was tossed into the mulch Saturday.

Fire investigators say the cigar butt caught the mulch on fire, and then spread among the outside walls of the restaurant. Firefighters were able to put the fire out before it spread throughout the inside.

The restaurant is closed until further notice.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly