Double fatal fire in Region 8 started in laundry room - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Double fatal fire in Region 8 started in laundry room

PORTAGEVILLE, MO (KAIT) – Fire investigators have ruled that a weekend fire that killed 2 people started in the laundry room.

According to the Pemiscot County Sheriff's Department, investigators with the fire department believe the fire started in or around the clothes dryer. Investigators say the fire was accidental.

On Saturday night 9-1-1 received a call of a house fire just south of Portageville on West outer Road. When firefighters knocked down the fire, they found 2 people in a bedroom on the west side of the home.

The Pemiscot County Coroner Jim Brimhall says 82-year-old David Wayne Myracle and 83-year-old Clara Myracle both died of smoke inhalation.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly