The following considerations are being surveyed for the 2012 turkey season:
- Elimination of preference points for WMA permit turkey hunts
- Elimination of drawn permits for the youth hunt on some WMAs
- The continuation of an 18-day turkey season
- The continuation of opening day being on a Monday in mid-April
- The continuation of a two-bird bag limit with no jakes allowed (except youth)
- The formation of a 2,800-acre walk-in turkey hunting area on Petit Jean River WMA
Survey respondents also are encouraged to speak up about any concern or comment they have regarding the Arkansas turkey program in a blank comment box.