From the Southeastern Conference
SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Sept. 10, 2011)
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-5 • 319 • So. • Broken Arrow, Okla.
• Bailey and the Arkansas offensive line helped the Razorbacks offense roll up 632 yards of total offense, the sixth-highest total in school history, in Arkansas' 52-3 win against New Mexico.
• The offensive line also helped the unit record 34 first downs, which tied for the second-highest total in school history.
• The unit gave Arkansas quarterbacks time to complete 26-of-39 passes for 373 yards and two touchdowns. Arkansas also rushed for 259 yards and four touchdowns against the Lobos.
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-6 • 210 • So. • Kingsburg, Calif.
• Bray threw for a career-high 405 yards while completing 34-of-41 passes for a school record 82.9 percent (min. 30 att.) in Tennessee's 45-23 win over Cincinnati.
• His 34 completions were the sixth-most in school history and he threw for four touchdowns, extending his school-record and current SEC-best streak of consecutive games with at least two touchdown passes to eight.
• Bray's 405 passing yards were the fourth-most in school history and included 282 yards in the first half.
• He also rushed for a touchdown against the Bearcats, giving him the only five-touchdown effort in the SEC this season.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 218 • Sr. • Mobile, Ala.
• Barron logged seven total tackles with an interception and fumble recovery in Alabama's 27-11 win at #23 Penn State.
• The interception ended a Penn State drive at the UA 9-yard line in the third quarter and the fumble recovery stopped the Nittany Lions at the Alabama 35-yard line.
• The Alabama defense held Penn State to 251 total yards on 69 offensive plays and forced three turnovers.
• Barron leads a secondary that ranks third in the NCAA in pass efficiency defense.
• Barron's pick was the 11th of his career, which is 11th all-time at Alabama.
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-2 • 276 • Sr. • Hamlet, N.C.
• Ingram took a direct snap on a fake punt and rambled 68 yards for a touchdown and also caught onside kick at end of game to seal South Carolina's 45-42 win at Georgia.
• On defense, Ingram also recovered fumble and ran it five yards for a touchdown late in fourth quarter to put the Gamecocks up by 10 points, 45-35.
• Ingram's 68-yard run put the Gamecocks ahead 14-13 going into halftime.
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 290 • Jr. • Phoenixville, Pa.
• Lohr collected four total tackles, all for losses, and a pass deflection, in Vanderbilt's 24-21 win against Connecticut.
• His four tackles collected 13 yards of losses and also included a one-yard sack.
• Vanderbilt's defense held the Huskies to just 89 rushing yards on 36 carries, an average of 2.5 yards per attempt.
• Overall, Connecticut was able to muster only 193 total yards on 65 plays against the Commodore defense.
SEC Co-FRESHMEN OF THE WEEK
5-10 • 201 • Fayetteville, Ga.
• Clemons rushed for 126 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown, which was a school-freshman record 87 yarder, in Kentucky's 27-13 win against Central Michigan.
5-11 • 210 • Columbus, Ga.
• Crowell rushed for 118 yards on 16 carries with a touchdown and had two catches for 40 yards and another score in Georgia's 45-42 loss to South Carolina.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK TWO
WILLIAM VLACHOS (Alabama) -- Received the top grade on the Alabama offensive line against Penn State. Allowed no sacks, no pressures and did not get called for any penalties.
WR COBI HAMILTON (Arkansas) -- Caught five passes for 132 yards and a touchdown against New Mexico.
RB MICHAEL DYER (Auburn) -- Rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns against Mississippi State.
P STEVEN CLARK (Auburn) -- Punted six times for a 45.7 yard average, including four punts inside the 20, two of which were inside the 10, against Mississippi State.
RB CHRIS RAINEY (Florida) -- Tallied 162 yards of total offense, including 119 on the ground and a touchdown, against UAB.
PK CALEB STURGIS (Florida) -- Went a perfect 3-for-3 on field goals and 4-for-4 on extra points against UAB.
CB/RS BRANDON BOYKIN (Georgia) -- Set school record with seven kickoff returns for 184 yards and also had two tackles and interception against South Carolina.
LB DANNY TREVATHAN (Kentucky) -- Totaled 13 tackles, three for losses, a interception and pass deflection against Central Michigan.
WR RUEBEN RANDLE (LSU) -- Caught five passes for 121 yards against Northwestern State.
RB/RS JEFF SCOTT (Ole Miss) -- Totaled 210 all-purpose yards (118 rushing yards) and a career-high four TDs against Southern Illinois.
DE WAYNE DORSEY (Ole Miss) -- Had three solo stops, two for losses, a sack, interception and pass deflection against Southern Illinois.
LB CAMERON LAWRENCE (Mississippi State) -- Credited with 14 total tackles, 12 solos, with 3.5 for losses, a sack and forced fumble against Auburn.
TB MARCUS LATTIMORE (South Carolina) -- Had 176 rushing yards on 27 carries and a touchdown against Georgia.
OT DALLAS THOMAS (Tennessee) -- Part of an offensive line that saw Vols tally 531 yards of total offense against Cincinnati.
CB CASEY HAYWARD (Vanderbilt) -- Had four tackles, one for loss, and returned interception 50 yards for a touchdown against Connecticut.