Over 15,000 John Deere Lawn Tractors being recalled - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Over 15,000 John Deere Lawn Tractors being recalled

(Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission) (Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)

WASHINGTON, DC (KAIT) – The Consumer Product Safety Commission is recalling over 15,000 John Deere lawn tractors because of laceration hazards.

According to the CPSC, about 15,500 John Deere Lawn Tractors are being are recalled because the hardware used to hold the mower blade brake assemblies on the mower decks can break. The CPSC reports this can make the blades spin longer than normal after the mower is turned off, posing a laceration hazard.

No incidents or injuries have been reported with this recall.

For more information on this recall including model numbers and contact information, click here.

Copyright 2011 KAIT. All rights reserved.

  • Region 8 News</span><a class="customMoreLink" href="/Global/category.asp?C=4391" target="_top">More >></a>Region 8 NewsMore>>

  • Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Nucor to build new steel mill in central Missouri

    Wednesday, November 22 2017 8:00 AM EST2017-11-22 13:00:04 GMT
    (Source: Raycom Media)(Source: Raycom Media)

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

    Steel producer Nucor is building a steel mill in the mid-Missouri city of Sedalia.

  • Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Foundation to adopt a family for Christmas

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:40 PM EST2017-11-22 04:40:57 GMT
    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:55 PM EST2017-11-22 04:55:13 GMT
    (Source: Keeunna Watson)(Source: Keeunna Watson)

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

    A foundation in honor of a Jonesboro who died from epilepsy is finding a way to serve another family in need for Christmas.

  • Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Family safely makes it out of house fire in Matthews, MO

    Tuesday, November 21 2017 11:47 PM EST2017-11-22 04:47:04 GMT
    source:  Raycom Mediasource: Raycom Media

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

    According to an official with the Matthews Volunteer Fire Department, a family was inside the home when the fire started in an upstairs bathroom.

Powered by Frankly