From the Big 12 Conference
Best against the rest: The Big 12 Conference closed out non-conference play Saturday with a 27-3 record. Two of the losses came on the road and one at a neutral site. One of the road losses came in overtime and the neutral site defeat was against a team ranked No. 18. The .900 winning percentage is the best non-league mark in Big 12 history.
Big plays: Big 12 teams had 16 rushing touchdowns and 20 passing touchdowns Saturday. The average yardage for the rushing touchdowns was 13.4 while the average for the passing touchdowns was 26.5 yards.
Rankings: Oklahoma dropped to No. 3 in the Associated Press as Alabama moved up to No. 2 behind No. 1 LSU (those teams face each other on Nov. 5). Oklahoma State is No. 6, Texas is No. 11, Kansas State jumped in at No. 20 with Texas A&M No. 24 and Baylor No. 25. In the coaches' poll, Oklahoma remained No. 1 with Oklahoma State at No. 7, Texas at No. 10, Kansas State moved into the rankings at No. 21 and Texas A&M is No. 25.
Baylor (3-1, 0-1; lost at Kansas State 36-35; vs. Iowa State Saturday)
* Robert Griffin III has thrown 18 touchdown passes that have totaled 551 yards (30.6 per TD). That 551 yards is more than six teams have in total passing yards (Kansas State 523, Vanderbilt 497, Kent State 505, Eastern Michigan 501, Navy 339, Army 225).
* Griffin tied a career high with five touchdown passes — his third five-TD game of the season.
* Griffin has 18 touchdown passes, 20 incompletions and one interception. His streak of 170 pass attempts without an interception was ended in the fourth quarter.
* Senior receiver Kendall Wright set a single-game school record with 201 receiving yards. Gerald McNeil held the previous record (197 at Arkansas, 1981).
* Four of Baylor's five scoring drives at Kansas State took less than two minutes. 14 of Baylor's 28 scoring drives this season have taken less than two minutes, including seven of less than 60 seconds.
* Prior to the Kansas State game, Baylor quarterbacks had been sacked twice in three games. K-State had five sacks Saturday.
Iowa State (3-1, 0-1; lost to Texas 37-14; at Baylor Saturday)
* Quarterback Steele Jantz had career highs in completions (28) and attempts (51).
* Running back James White had a career-high 64 rushing yards.
* The attendance was 56,390 the second-highest at Jack Trice Stadium. The stadium record is 56,795 (2007 vs. Northern Iowa). The three-game cumulative home attendance of 167,147 is a record. The previous mark for the first three home contests was 154,566 in 1982.
* The Cyclones' last victory in a conference opener was in 2002.
* With 13 turnovers lost and five turnovers gained, Iowa State is tied for last in the nation in turnover margin.
Kansas (2-2, 0-1; lost to Texas Tech 45-35; at Oklahoma State Saturday)
* Freshman Brandon Bourbon's first touchdown was a 51-yard run, KU's longest run from scrimmage this season.
* Freshman safety Keeston Terry's interception was the first of his career and first by the Jayhawks this season.
* Kansas had 239 yards rushing, its most in a Big 12 game since gaining 280 yards against Kansas State in 2008.
* 12 different players have scored touchdowns for Kansas this season.
Kansas State (4-0, 1-0; defeated Baylor 36-35; vs. Missouri Saturday)
* Quarterback Collin Klein tied his career-high with 25 rush attempts for 113 yards and he had a career-long gain of 63 yards.
* John Hubert's touchdown reception was the first of his career and the first by a K-State running back since Leon Patton on Sept. 1, 2007 at Auburn.
* Junior wide receiver Chris Harper had a career-high six receptions for 67 yards and a touchdown.
* Junior kicker Anthony Cantele is 7-of-10 on field goals and is averaging a distance of 33.3 yards on his made field goals.
* This was the first home victory over a ranked opponent for a Bill Snyder-coached team since a 58-7 win over No. 21 Iowa State on Nov. 9, 2002.
* In the Big 12 era against Texas teams, K-State is 18-15.
* Kansas State is 8-8 in Big 12 openers and has won five of its last six.
Missouri (2-2; idle Saturday; at Kansas State Saturday)
Oklahoma (4-0, 1-0; defeated Ball State 62-6; vs. Texas Saturday)
* Senior receiver Ryan Broyles became the Big 12's career receptions leader. He has caught 304 passes in his career and needs 13 to break the NCAA record.
* Tony Jefferson's three interceptions tied a school record held by eight other Sooners. The last Oklahoma player with three picks in a game was Darnell Walker in 1992.
* Receiver Jaz Reynolds had a career-long 62-yard reception and 141 total receiving yards, a career high.
* The Oklahoma offense scored 62 points, its 16th time to eclipse the 60-point plateau in 164 games under coach Bob Stoops.
* Oklahoma scored 21 points in the third quarter in a span of 3:26 while running just three offensive plays. Broyles and Reynolds had receiving touchdowns in OU's initial second-half possessions and then Tom Wort recovered a fumble for OU's first defensive touchdown of the season.
Oklahoma State (4-0; idle Saturday; vs. Kansas Saturday)
Texas (4-0, 1-0; defeated Iowa State 37-14; vs. Oklahoma Saturday)
* David Ash's 48-yard touchdown pass, the first of his career, gave Texas five different players with touchdown passes this season.
* Iowa State's fourth quarter touchdown ended a streak of seven consecutive games where Texas did not allow a point in the fourth quarter.
* Texas had three sacks against Iowa State; the Longhorns had two sacks in the first three games.
* Texas forced three first quarter turnovers with two fumble recoveries and one interception; six have come during the first quarters of the last two games.
* The Longhorns improved to 12-2 in Big 12 Conference openers under Mack Brown.
Texas A&M (2-2, 0-1; lost to Arkansas 42-38; at Texas Tech Saturday)
* Junior running back Christine Michael had a career-high 230 yards on 32 carries.
* Texas A&M is 0-4 at Cowboys Stadium. The Aggies are 0-3 against Arkansas and lost the Cotton Bowl in January to another SEC school, LSU.
* Arkansas' Jarius Wright set an opponent record with 281 yards on 13 catches (previous high was 214 by Iowa State's Todd Blythe in 2005.
* The 38 points scored by the Aggies were the second-most ever in a losing effort behind the 47 points in 2002's 48-47 overtime loss to Texas Tech.
* A&M has lost the turnover battle in three straight games, giving up eight turnovers and gaining just one. For the season, A&M's turnover margin is minus five.
* The Aggies have given up 948 passing yards in the last two games. Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson threw for a school-record 510 yards; a week ago Oklahoma State quarterback Brandon Weeden threw for a career-high 438 yards.
Texas Tech (4-0, 1-0; defeated Kansas 45-34; vs. Texas A&M Saturday)
* Seth Doege is the first Texas Tech quarterback to throw at least three touchdowns in his first four games of a season since Graham Harrell in 2007.
* Eric Ward's 40-yard touchdown catch was the longest reception of his career. He has multiple-TD catches in each of the last three games. He's the first Tech player since Michael Crabtree in 2008 to log multi-TD catches in three consecutive games.
* Texas Tech trailed 20-0 at the 3:39 mark in the first quarter. In 2004 at Kansas, the Red Raiders trailed 30-5 with 48 seconds left in the first half before rallying for a 31-30 victory.
* Dating back to last season, Texas Tech has won seven consecutive games - the team's longest streak since winning 12 in a row over the 2007-08 seasons.
* The Red Raiders won their Big 12 opener for the first time since 2008.