1. Promotion Description. "Rusty Truck Restoration" (hereafter referred to as This Promotion) is sponsored by KAIT-TV, Jonesboro, Arkansas, and Promotional Partners, comprised of DNW Outdoors, Tim's Auto Body, Hotwired Car Audio, 4-Star Liberty Glass, Selby Insurance & Financial, and Meineke Car Care Center ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 7:00 AM, October 17, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM January 20, 2012. Entries must be received by 11:59 PM, October 31, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: Baxter, Clay, Craighead, Greene, Poinsett, Cross, Crittenden, Mississippi, St. Francis, Jackson, Woodruff, Lawrence, Randolph, Sharp, Independence, Izard, Fulton, Stone, Cleburne and White Counties in Arkansas; also Dunklin, Pemiscot, Butler, Ripley, Oregon and Howell Counties in Missouri, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KAIT-TV, and all Sponsors, plus their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per e-mail address will be accepted during the duration of the promotion.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning on October 17, 2011, individuals can log on to www.kait8.com and successfully complete the online entry form. As directed by the online entry, all entries must upload a digital image of the truck to be restored. Submissions sent via mail, or otherwise delivered, will not be accepted as entries in this promotion. Entrants must hold legal title to the truck entered. Truck entered must meet the following basic minimum criteria: mechanically operational, can be driven legally and safely on public roads, current state license plate, and be insured with an insurance policy that is valid for the duration of the promotion and meets or exceeds state minimums of liability coverage. Entrants must have a valid driver's license. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). The Rusty Truck Restoration package that includes: new tires and wheels, new paint, limited body repairs of dents and rust defects, glass repairs or replacement, engine tune up, oil and filter change, and an insurance gift certificate. Total prize value is approximately $5000. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. Viewers will cast votes on kait8.com for their favorite entry during a voting period of selected trucks that runs from Noon., Wednesday, November 2, 2011 until 11:59 p.m. Saturday, November 5, 2011. The Rusty Truck Restoration Selection Committee will select the winning entry from the top three finalists receiving the most votes and that fully qualify according to stipulations in these rules and regulations.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the amount of votes received during the open voting period. Finalists have a 1 in 3 chance of winning based on factors determined by the Rusty Truck Restoration Committee.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. Winner must provide proof of title to vehicle before acceptance of prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 15 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. The winner must make available to Sponsors, as reasonable as possible, the truck to be restored for actual restoration work commencing November 10, 2011 and ending December 19, 2011. The winner is responsible for delivering and removing truck from Sponsor's places of business, as directed by Sponsor representatives. Winner and restored truck must be available for an on-air presentation of the completed truck restoration on December 21, 2011 (specific time and location to be determined). Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KAIT-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KAIT-TV if KAIT-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KAIT-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KAIT-TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KAIT-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
10. List of Winner(s). For winner's list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KAIT-TV, PO Box 790, Jonesboro, AR 72403, after December 21, 2011.