JONESBORO, AR (KAIT) - Flu season is officially underway in Arkansas. To help combat the spread of the virus the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) has scheduled several mass flu shot clinics across the state and in Region 8:
- Baxter County: 1507 Fairgrounds Drive in Mountain Home, 10 a.m.-4p.m. Tuesday, October 25
- Clay County: Community Center, 536 E. Elm in Corning, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Tuesday, October 25
- Clay County: Community Center, 161 E. Pfeiffer in Piggott, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Craighead County: St. Bernards Auditorium, 505 E. Washington in Jonesboro, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, October 24
- Cross County: Wynne Baptist Church, 1200 East Bridges in Wynne, 9 a.m.-3p.m. Tuesday, November 1
- Greene County: Eastside Baptist Church, 529 E. Court in Paragould, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Thursday, October 27
- Independence County: ICHU, 120 Weaver in Batesville, 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Independence County: Old School Gym in Oil Trough, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Independence County: United Methodist Church in Pleasant Plains, 8 a.m.-2p.m. Friday, October 28
- Izard County: Izard County Health, 149 Haley in Melbourne, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Jackson County: ASU-Newport, 7648 Victory in Newport, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Lawrence County: Community Center, 504 Southern in Walnut Ridge, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Mississippi County: Mississippi County Health, 1299 N. 10th Street in Blytheville, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday, October 26
- Mississippi County: Mississippi County Health, 720 W. Lee in Osceola, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Poinsett County: Calvary Baptist, 503 Illinois in Harrisburg, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 26
- Poinsett County: National Guard Armory, 802 Liberty in Marked Tree, 8 a.m-4:30 p.m. Thursday, October 27
- Poinsett County: Poinsett County Health, 1204 W. Main in Trumann, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Randolph County: Black River Technical College, Highway 304 in Pocahontas, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, October 27
- Sharp County: A.L. Hutson Memorial Center, 1765 Hwy 64 in Highland, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday, October 28
- Stone County: Stone County Health, 204 Whitfield in Mountain View, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Friday, October 28
There will be no charge to get the vaccine; however, you are encouraged to bring your insurance, Medicare and/or Medicaid cards.
ADH says children, the elderly, health care workers and those prone to getting the flu should be vaccinated each year.
For more information visit the ADH website.