From the Southeastern Conference
SEC FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK (Games of Nov. 12, 2011)
SEC OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
5-9 • 208 • Jr. • Centreville, Ala.
• Stacy rushed for 135 yards and three touchdowns on 28 carries, leading Vanderbilt a 38-8 win over Kentucky. It was the Commodores most decisive SEC victory in four decades.
• It marks the fourth rushing performance of more than 125 yards for Stacy this season, including three coming against league teams. The last Commodore back to top 100 rushing yards in four games was Kwane Doster in 2002.
• Stacy scored on touchdowns of three and eight yards in the first half and 18 yards in the fourth quarter.
• Stacy ranks fourth in the SEC with 891 rushing yards. It also ranks as the fifth highest single-season total in team history.
• Stacy's nine rushing touchdowns this season is the most by a Commodore running back since Jamie O'Rourke scored 12 TDs in 1974.
SEC DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 260 • Jr. • Lewisburg, Tenn.
• Hightower led Alabama with 11 total tackles with 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks and a pass break-up in the Crimson Tide's 24-7 win at Mississippi State.
• Alabama recorded five sacks in the game and nine tackles for loss and held MSU to just 131 total yards and nine first downs (3-of-16 on third down).
• Hightower's unassisted sack came on a 3rd-and-8 at midfield late in first quarter, forcing Bulldog punt attempt.
• The Crimson Tide has not allowed an opponent to score more than 14 points during the first 10 games of the season and 11 dating back to the bowl game (longest since 1975-76 when the Tide did that for 14 games).
• Hightower is UA's leading tackler with 66 total stops on the season (8.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks)
SEC SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Return Specialist / Wide Receiver
5-11 • 190 • Sr. • Little Rock, Ark.
• Adams returned a punt 60 yards for a touchdown and also had two catches for 52 yards and a touchdown in Arkansas' 49-7 win against Tennessee.
• Adams made several Vols miss (6 different defenders had a hand on Adams) on the 60-yard punt return for ascore to give the Razorbacks a 14-0 lead late in the first quarter.
• The punt return TD was the third of the season (leads NCAA) and fourth of Joe Adams career. His single-season total is tied for second in SEC history, and his career total is tied for fourth in conference history.
• Tennessee entered the game having allowed just 74 yards on 10 punt returns in the first nine games of the year with a long of 13 yards.
SEC OFFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-3 • 316 • Sr. • Centreville, Ala.
• Jones helped lead Georgia to a 45-7 win against Auburn, blocking for a unit that gained 528 offensive yards and had two 100+ rushing yardage performances.
• He graded out at 85 percent and had 10 dominator blocks while starting his 45th game at center for the Bulldogs, in earning his second straight SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week honor.
• He anchored an offense that scored at least 40 points for the fourth time this season and helped Georgia rush for 304 yards, the most on the ground by the Bulldogs since 2009.
• Jones also helped quarterback Aaron Murray complete 14 of 18 passes for 224 yards and four touchdowns and posted a career-best 255.6 pass efficiency rating against the Tigers
SEC DEFENSIVE LINEMAN OF THE WEEK
6-4 • 298 • Sr. • Laurinburg, N.C.
• Robertson tallied four total tackles, including two solos, with two for losses (-10 yards), including a sack (-8 yards) in South Carolina's 17-12 win against Florida.
• The Gamecocks held the Gators to 261 total offensive yards and registered 11 tackles for losses, including three sacks.
• Robertson's sack came on the last play of the game with Florida near mid-field.
• For the season, Robertson has 25 total tackles (15 solos) with 4.5 for losses including one sack.
• South Carolina is fourth in the SEC and seventh in the nation in total defense and fifth in the league in rushing defense and scoring defense.
SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
5-11 • 210 • Columbus, Ga.
• Crowell recorded the fourth 100-yard rushing game of his career (all versus SEC competition) after rushing for 132 yards on 24 carries (5.5 avg.) and a touchdown in Georgia's 45-7 win against Auburn.
• Crowell and his teammate Carlton Thomas combined to both have 100-yard games – the first for a Bulldog duo since the 2009 Georgia Tech game and the first time in SEC play since 2004.
• Georgia moved to fourth in league games in the SEC with 185.0 average after tallying a season-high 304 yards on the ground (most since the 2009 season).
• Crowell is the top freshman and third in the league overall versus SEC competition with an average of 96.4 yards. He is also fourth among all freshman rushers in the nation.
OTHER OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCES FROM WEEK 11
RB TRENT RICHARDSON (Alabama) -- Rushed for 127 yards on 32 carries and a touchdown and also caught two passes for 26 yards against Mississippi State.
SAF TRAMAIN THOMAS (Arkansas) -- Had game-high 10 tackles with one for a loss (-4 yards), an interception and a pass deflection against Tennessee.
WR EMORY BLAKE (Auburn) -- Caught game-high six passes for 101 yards against Georgia.
RB CHRIS RAINEY (Florida) -- Rushed for 132 yards on 17 carries and caught three passes for 30 yards against South Carolina
SAF BACARRI RAMBO (Georgia) -- Returned an interception 24 yards for a touchdown against Auburn.
CB RANDALL BURDEN (Kentucky) -- Had nine total tackles (6 solos) with an interception against Vanderbilt.
LB KEVIN MINTER (LSU) -- Had game-high 11 total tackles against Western Kentucky.
RB ALFRED BLUE (LSU) -- Rushed for game-high 119 yards on nine carries and two touchdowns against Western Kentucky.
DE C.J. JOHNSON (Ole Miss) -- Had nine total tackles (all solos) with a tackle for loss (-4 yards) and a forced fumble against Louisiana Tech.
DT JOSH BOYD (Mississippi State) -- Had 11 total tackles with two for losses (-2 yards) against Alabama.
RB BRANDON WILDS (South Carolina) -- Freshman rushed for team-high 120 yards on 29 carries against Florida.
WR DA'RICK RODGERS (Tennessee) -- Caught five passes for 106 yards against Arkansas.
WR JORDAN MATTHEWS (Vanderbilt) -- Caught game-high six passes for 131 yards and a touchdown against Kentucky.
2011 SEC PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
Week 1 (Games of Sept. 1-3): Offense - Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State; Defense - Tyrann Mathieu, DB, LSU; Special Teams - Joe Adams, WR/RS, Arkansas; Offensive Lineman - Rokevious Watkins, OT, South Carolina; Co-Defensive Lineman - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida; Luke McDermott, DT, Kentucky; Co-Freshman - Trey Depriest, LB, Alabama; Tre Mason, RB/RS, Auburn.
Week 2 (Games of Sept. 10): Offense - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee; Defense - Mark Barron, SAF, Alabama; Special Teams - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Offensive Lineman - Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas; Defensive Lineman - Rob Lohr, DT, Vanderbilt; Co-Freshman - Josh Clemons, RB, Kentucky; Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 3 (Games of Sept. 15-17): Co-Offense - Chris Rainey, RB, Florida; Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina; Defense -Trey Wilson, DB, Vanderbilt; Special Teams - Caleb Sturgis, PK, Florida; Offensive Lineman - Wesley Johnson, C, Vanderbilt; Defensive Lineman - Bennie Logan, DT, LSU; Freshman- Odell Beckham, WR, LSU.
Week 4 (Games of Sept. 24): Offense - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama; Defense -Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Special Teams - Brad Wing, P, LSU; Offensive Lineman - Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama; Defensive Lineman - Jaye Howard, DT, Florida; Freshman- Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 5 (Games of Oct. 1): Co-Offense: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas; Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas; Defense - Melvin Ingram, DE, South Carolina; Special Teams - Steven Clark, P, Auburn; Offensive Lineman - William Vlachos, C, Alabama; Defensive Lineman - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU; Freshman - Isaiah Crowell, RB, Georgia.
Week 6 (Games of Oct. 8): Offense: Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina; Defense - Mike Gilliard, ILB, Georgia; Special Teams - Blair Walsh, PK, Georgia; Offensive Lineman - Will Blackwell, OG, LSU; Defensive Lineman - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State; Freshman - Tevin Mitchel, CB, Arkansas.
Week 7 (Games of Oct. 15): Offense: Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama; Co-Defense - Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn; D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina; Special Teams - Steven Clark, P, Auburn; Offensive Lineman - Chris Faulk, OT, LSU; Defensive Lineman - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State; Co-Freshman - Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina; Ray Drew, OLB, Georgia.
Week 8 (Games of Oct. 22): Offense: Dennis Johnson, RB, Arkansas; Defense - Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama; Special Teams - Brad Wing, P, LSU; Offensive Lineman - Ryan Seymour, OG, Vanderbilt; Defensive Lineman - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU; Freshman - A.J. Johnson, LB, Tennessee.
Week 9 (Games of Oct. 29): Offense: Michael Dyer, RB, Auburn; Co-Defense - Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas; Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia; Special Teams - Zach Hocker, K, Arkansas; Offensive Lineman - Cordy Glenn, OT, Georgia; Defensive Lineman - Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State; Freshman - Brandon Wilds, RB, South Carolina.
Week 10 (Games of Nov. 5): Offense: Jeff Demps, RB, Florida; Defense - Eric Reid, SAF, LSU; Special Teams - Dennis Johnson, RS/RB, Arkansas; Offensive Lineman - Ben Jones, C, Georgia; Co-Defensive Lineman - Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas; Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU; Freshman - Maxwell Smith, QB, Kentucky.