PARAGOULD, AR (KAIT) - One of the largest employers in Greene County caught fire Saturday afternoon.
The Tenneco Plant in Paragould caught fire on the back side of the building at around 4 p.m. on Saturday. According to Paragould Fire Chief Kevin Lang, employees said they saw heavy smoke and flames inside the building.
No one was hurt in the fire but ambulances were on scene just in case. "Once we got here, we got a little water on the roof and it tamed down pretty quick," said Lang.
Lang said it appeared that one of the furnaces inside the plant overheated and actually caught some of the roofing material on fire. He said it took a short period of time to knock the flames down but smoke was inside in the building for at least an hour after the fire.
Lang said the extent of the damage to the plant was minimal.