Jonesboro Woman Perishes in Apparent Carbon Monoxide Death - KAIT Jonesboro, AR - Region 8 News, weather, sports

Jonesboro, AR - by Randy Myers, News Assignment Manager

Jonesboro Woman Perishes in Apparent Carbon Monoxide Death

January 22, 2004 - Posted at 2:41 p.m. CDT, updated at 3:39 p.m. CDT

 

JONESBORO, AR - Although the investigation is continuing, carbon monoxide poisioning is being blamed on the death of a south Jonesboro woman who died Thursday morning in her home.

At approximately 10:30 a.m., Jonesboro police and firefighters were dispatched to a residence at 2303 Englewood Cove, off south Caraway Road.  Inside, they found the body of 28-year-old Conlisha Wright.  "The fire department did some readings when they checked for carbon monoxide poisioning and the readings were very high.  So, we very much believe that her death is going to be a result of carbon monoxide poisioning," said Detective Lynn Waterworth of the JPD.  Waterworth said authorities beleive that toxins in the home rose to fatal levels when a return airduct was blocked by a box containing an artificial Christmas tree.

Waterworth said the victim's minister, Adrian Rodgers, first responded to the scene when Wright did not show up at her job.  When the pastor arrived at the scene, he could see the woman's children through a window, though they were unresponsive.  Rodgers then forced entry into the house and removed the lethargic children, ages five and eight,  from the home.  They were taken to a Jonesboro hospital and admitted for observation.

Powered by Frankly