From the Big 12 Conference
The Big 12/Big Ten Challenge continues in Week 5 with Kansas and Texas hosting contests. The Challenge is currently tied at 4-4. Texas Tech will play two games with its second scheduled December 17 at Illinois due to the uneven number of teams between the leagues.
• In the Big 12's lone Top 25 matchup of the week, No. 8 Texas A&M will play at No. 2 Connecticut Tuesday on ESPN2 at 6:00 p.m. CT.
• Baylor's Brittney Griner and Odyssey Sims, Kansas' Carolyn Davis, Oklahoma's Aaryn Ellenberg and Whitney Hand, and Texas A&M's Sydney Carter and Tyra White were named to the Naismith Trophy Early Season Watch List.
• The Big 12 has a 53-11 (.828) non-conference record to lead the nation in win percentage and fewest number of losses. The Conference opened the season 29-1. Every league team has finished the non-conference portion of its schedule with a winning mark the past four years.
• Conference teams are 35-3 (.921) in home games. Last season, the Big 12 led the nation in both non-conference win percentage (.790) and home non-conference win percentage (.946).
• The Big 12 has the most undefeated teams of any league with three (Baylor, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State).
• The Big 12 is listed first in the Sagarin and Women's RPI early season ratings. Baylor is also ranked in the top spot among all teams by Sagarin.
• Baylor is the unanimous No. 1 selection in the Dec. 5 Associated Press Poll. The Lady Bears earned all of the possible 39 first-place votes. Other Big 12 rankings are No. 8 Texas A&M, No. 16 Texas Tech, No. 24 Oklahoma and No. 25 Texas.
• Baylor also remained No. 1 in last week's coaches poll followed by No. 4 Texas A&M, No. 18 (tie) Oklahoma, No. 22 (tie) Texas and No. 25 Texas Tech. Updated rankings are released on Tuesdays.
• The Big 12 has a team ranked No. 1 by the coaches for the 15th week in Conference history, and by the media for the 14th week.